Mini Chocolate CheesecakePosted by Anna-Lisa Finger on Jul 14, 2012 in News, Recipes, Sweet Things | 0 comments
For my chocoholics out there, I found another low calorie but rich tasting dessert from my new favorite Everyday Food Light Cookbook. Each cheesecake has only 147 calories and 8 g of protein. If you like, you can use cottage cheese in place of ricotta cheese. I warn you now, you will not be able to stop at just one.
2 cups nonfat ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
graham crackers, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
2. In a food processor, combine all ingredients except for graham crackers, and blend until smooth.
3. Divide mixture among 12 muffin cups and sprinkle graham crackers on top.
4. Bake for about 25–30 minutes, until fillings are set. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely, then refrigerate (in pan) for at least 2 hours.
5. When ready to serve, invert cakes onto plate and peel off liners. Enjoy with a strong espresso!